Location: 55 Pelly Rd., Whitehorse, Yukon
We want Love-to-Learn to be a safe, clean and comfortable "home away from home." The main goals of the centre are to ensure that all children feel secure and happy and to provide experiences to foster their continuing development. All caregivers have training in early childhood development in order to provide appropriate activities to stimulate, but never frustrate, young children while meeting their individual needs. All caregivers are required to hold a current first aid certificate. The staff communicates regularly with all parents to show that we are sensitive and flexible partners in the rearing of their children.
Simply put, our mission statement is "to keep all children safe and happy."
Organization: Love-to-Learn Daycare is organized in small groups according to the children's ages and interests. Each group has its own bright, clean playroom equipped with stimulating toys, lots of books and audio tapes, craft materials, and furnishings to promote large muscle activities.
Every group has its own special caregiver who gives love and individual attention to each child. Judy Wengzynowski, who thoroughly enjoys her role as Director, also provides love, positive guidance and security at Love-to-Learn.
Center Features: Indoor Waiting Area, Snack/Meal Area, Nap/Quiet Room, Reading Room/Library, Computer Terminals, Offsite Outdoor Play Area
Description/ Program Highlights: The program for the children of
Love-to-Learn Daycare focuses on meeting the individual needs of each child.
- Experiences are provided to develop and appreciate music, physical activity, drama, art, poetry and literature
- Books are very important
- Each age group assists in the preparation of a snack once a week. The lessons in sharing, listening, following instructions and working with others are practiced in a fun way
- Dramatic play, dress-up and role playing are initiated to promote expression, social interactions and creativity
- In the Spring, Summer and Fall toddlers go for daily rides in the trolley while the pre-schoolers go for nature hikes
- In the Spring children participate in the planting of flowers and vegetables. The children witness the beauty of nature's growth from seed to harvest
- Computer with children's programs
- Van for field trips. Cell phones to maintain communication on outings
- Opportunities for solitary play
As communication is considered so important in keeping
parents in touch, Love-to-Learn Daycare offers the following forms of reporting
- Newsletters to parents outlining changes and events taking place
- Daily reports given to each parent about his/her child's day
- Weekly schedules posted in each age group's classroom. Craft activities, songs sung, stories read, etc. are listed so the parents are aware of their child's activities
- Journals with photos are kept of each child while at the daycare along with a record of child's development, new words, experiences and triumphs is kept for each family
- Annual family events are sponsored each year to bring families and staff together
Years In Business: 15+ years
Facility Type: Group Child Care/ Before & After School Care/ Kindergarten Program
Curriculum Type: Developmental
License Capacity: Maximum 51 Children
Ages of Children: 6 months to 12 years
Integrated Special Needs: Yes
Availability: Full Time, Part Time and Drop-In
Teacher to Child Ratio:
1:8 Three, Four and Five Year Olds
1:12 School Age
Levels 1 - 3
Level 3- Diploma in Early Childhood Education
Staff have current CPR? Yes
Hours of Operation: Monday through Friday 7:30 am - 5:20 pm, open all year except statutory holidays
Infants (6 mo. - 18 mo.) $800 / month
Toddlers (18 mo - 3 yrs.) $700 / month
Pre-schoolers (3 - 5 yrs) $650 / month
Kindergarten $485 / month*
Before & After School Care $450 / month*
*Above rates include professional development days. Additional $15.00 per day will be charged for full days during Christmas and Spring Breaks
*** June, July, August rates for kindergarten and school age children for full time enrollment are $525 monthly. Daily and weekly rates available.
Subsidy Available? Yes
Toilet Training Required? Preferably by age 3 years
Immunization Required? Yes- all children must have up to date immunizations
Meals Provided? Meals and snack are not included in the monthly childcare rate. However nutritional supplements are provided if necessary. Every Friday is Hot Dog Day.
Accommodation for Special Diets? Yes
Transportation Available? Yes
Professional Associations: Yukon Child Care Association
Please contact director
Judy Wengzynowski at 867-668-3830 to discuss
your family's childcare needs
Let them know that you found them on the Canada Child Care Directory!
Back to Whitehorse Page Back to Homepage